Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Great Day in Canmore


Last night we had a bit of a return to winter. That is one of the facts of life of living here in the mountains. Seeing as how you can see glaciers from the tops of the mountains surrounding town, it is no surprise that we get the occasional spring storm.

Today is another beautiful day. I listened to the morning radio shows in Calgary as the commuters complained about all the snow (I think they got a fair bit more than us) and as the traffic backed up in the city; I sat and watched the sun come screaming up the horizon. High clouds, blue sky and sunny. The whole town is shinning with a dusting of Rockies Champagne and the mountains are their striking selves.

Living the Rockies life, I finished up my morning correspondences, gloated to some Habs fans and pour another coffee. By 9:30 as the city folk still struggled into their offices we were off for our morning session at the dog park. Mason (he's black with a white paw) joined up with his buddies for a good session of chase and wrestle. It is amazing how excited dogs get about some snow! Now that the water is open the dogs have taken to swimming and then rolling in the snow. Essentially making themselves giant snow cones. Hey, if I don't have to wash him, fine by me.

By 11:30 I was at may desk and watching the snow in town melt. Living here is truly about the lifestyle you can live. If the bench is dry by the time I get home I'll probably go for a ride.

LIVE the ROCKIES LIFE

No comments: